Friday, July 11, 2014

Persuasion

Persuasion

Once I gave a pleasant little tour
                                                             (in my arrogant way)
Of places near and dear to me,
People that I like,
Things that bring me pleasure.
And I capped it off
                                   (as usual)
With that caveat.  That warning,
Disclaiming, admitting that I
Am a terrible person.
                                    (           )
They laughed
And on we went, another joke of many.
I smiled, I like when they laugh,
They like me.  They are
Favorably disposed, and
Like is more like to
Give me what I want.
                                      (all of it)
But it was true, I tried to show them, and
The harder I tried, the worse I was,
The more they laughed.  I learned
You cannot be honest, and charming, and cruel.
They do not believe you.
They laugh, and feel good.
                                                (why not)
Why not let them.
Why not laugh along and play the part,
Persist the happy ruse, and
Get what I want.
                                      (what do i want)
All of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment