Monday, August 4, 2014

always a toll

I did write a play yesterday, I was just too busy to post it!

Play #3 - Terminal

Play #4 - A Certain Truth

Man, I don't have any answers.  These plays are bumming me out.

Some days I can't get the idea out of my head of dropping everything and going on a great journey.  It wouldn't necessarily have to be one of self-discovery, but just to travel under my own power, to witness the natural splendors of the world, and to have such time to think, uninterrupted...I'm sure I'd go even crazier.  It's a strange, probably common, romantic notion, and it'd be ruinously expensive, and cost more than just money, but when the fancy strikes me, oh, how the road calls!

I'm headed up to Maine this week to go whitewater rafting and to spend time with family and friends, and I'll have many hours on the road to contemplate the befores and afters of all things.  The wife tends to be sleepy on long car rides, and the solitude will, I hope, give me a great connection to the deepest mysteries.

I was one of those children who would ask "why?" endlessly.  Over and over and over.  I was never satisfied with the reason for anything.  I'm still not, but I'm a great deal better at reading the moods of people I'm talking to, so now I generally know when to shut up.  I fear that these plays are opening up that need to ask why all over again...I am a child again, and the world is full of wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment