Thursday, December 24, 2015

2015, An Annotated Year in Scott: May

May was a busy month.



This is a tricky one.  It makes sense to me, intuitively, due to my frequent dives into the mystic undernetting of reality.  If you take issue with any part of my statement, I would encourage you to think a little more mystically.  There's plenty more to learn.



But learning can be painful.  Knowing something can bring people together, but it can also drive people apart.  It all depends on the people, not the knowledge.  Be careful what you learn, if you don't want to be alone.



I think I may have been going a little more insane than usual in May.  In fact, I finally made it to a Sizzler in November, and it was nice.  Perhaps not a wellspring of the really Good Stuff, but nice enough to recommend.  Incidentally, I have many such phrases.



The same day I received this mailer and won $5 worth of pizza, the pizza place burned to the ground.  It was an exciting day, for all the wrong reasons.



This was another experiment, where I tried to say something that sounded insightful without having too much meaning.  People seemed to like it, which was nice.  It was a lie, though.  My impressions are perfect.



Remember what I said about the jerky?  That was a misremembered thing.  That actually happened with a huge bag of bacon.  I don't even know what the mystery jerky was about.  That memory is gone from me, supplanted entirely by bacon.  Goodbye, jerky.



I did make this trip, and I did live-tweet it, and it turns out there isn't much to tweet about on a 14-hour drive through Nowhere, U.S.A.  I didn't even see a tourist trap.  Maybe those days are gone.  The hysteria wasn't really massed, either.  You can have your money back.



The wife and I are firmly opposed to other people getting married, because we are well aware that the only Good Marriage is one that involves at least one of us.  We aren't available at present, of course, but you should never give up on your dreams (of marrying one of us).

No comments:

Post a Comment