Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015, An Annotated Year in Scott: November

What a busy month!



I got around to playing Undertale, and I was absolutely smitten.  It's so great, the wife is waiting for me to finish writing this so she can play it.  It made me weep!  Have you done that?



I went to Disney World for a week, which was every bit as incredible as you'd expect for someone who'd set a major goal for himself to watch and review every Disney movie.  I wasn't very far along when I visited, but you'd better believe it was quite impactful nonetheless.  This one was fun because the wife had no idea I had stolen the quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald.  That's what an 800 on the English section of the SAT is good for, folks.



I watched most of this movie on the flight to Orlando, then finished it in my hotel room the next day because I was so desperate to see what happened.  Everything about it was wonderful.  It was not a happy movie, but it made me deeply happy and excited to see what else this director has come up with.  But when I tried to tell people about it, and how great it was, they just looked at me like I was a weirdo.  That's my curse.



Everybody likes this, though.  And don't get me wrong, it's very cute -- but if you think this is good, you should really check out that movie.  I mean it.  They don't have anything in common.  Just trust me, would you?



I was pretty surprised by this, but what was I gonna do?  I sat outside the bathroom and waited another ten minutes.



Disney's in the past, a child's in the future.  Let it go.  Okay, some Disney is in the future.



Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri is one of my very favorite games ever, and its ceaseless quotability is a big part of that.  Listen to a wizened Chinese statesmen reciting the virtues of transcending your frail flesh to contribute your entire spirit for the betterment of your countrymen, and you cannot help but be inspired.



I scored better on this than anyone else I know, which only serves to tell me that my problems are entirely of my own making.



This video is the reason I started listening to kpop (Korean pop music).  I saw it by chance in a Korean fried chicken joint, and I was transfixed by its beauty and clarity of vision.  The girls all look sad, too, and I guess that works for me.  Since then, I've spent countless hours listening to and learning about all sorts of kpop artists, and I'm starting to tell the good from the bad.  This is still the best.



I did another one, and once again it failed to spur anyone else into creating their own faux-subtitled wonder.  Everything is dogs.



Writing is my favorite thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment