Thursday, September 29, 2016

light in dark corners

The month is almost done.

It was a great September.  A span of days that really ran the gamut of the emotional experience for me.  My daughter learned to crawl, and my spirit did, too.

I experienced great triumphs, and hardly any failures.  I worked hard, stretched myself, and became a buoy for the world.  I want to be more than that, but it's a start.

I am dependable, healthy, intelligent, friendly, funny, thoughtful, brave, and energetic.  I have my flaws, but I try not to let them get in the way of making other people happy.  I think I'm pretty successful in that.

I have many, many wonderful friends, and the number grows by the week.  I've reforged bonds and rediscovered beauties long forgotten, and discovered some brand new ones as well.  I've taken chances, and profited from it.  I have tried, always, to be kinder.

I've also suffered.  Quietly, in dark corners, where I don't need to risk concerning anyone.  I have always been one to suffer alone.  But there is less reason to suffer every day.

Three and a half years ago, when I started this blog armed with nothing but a dream, I could not foresee this future.  Since that time, the future has become like an open book, and things have gone according to plan.  Understanding has given way to compassion.  Careful study has been replaced with abundant love.  Now I cross my legs and meditate easily, and the answers wait for me.

A human being is a small room within a large one.

It's late.  Let's put it to bed.  The world is quiet, soaked in rain, and looking in at my warm room, where my wife has pulled a blanket over her lap, and ages gracefully.

There is a difference between remembering that you felt something, and remembering how you felt it.  I am cursed forever with the latter, and all the pain and joy that go along.

I must remember to stand tall.

The month goes its way, a new one rolls in.  An arbitrary distinction, and a critically important one, like a border, like a shadow, like a name.  They change sometimes without us even realizing it, but suddenly we find a new place, a new time, a new person.

Write down what you want to achieve, then do it.  That's been my secret, all this time.  And on the way, remember to be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment